Tuesday, December 27, 2011

40-40-40 Challenge

Forty days from today is the first day of my 40th birthday trip. The last day of that trip is my 40th birthday (which just happens to be on the 40th day of the year). Last fall I got back into running and really enjoyed it. I even ran a PR in a 5K race (shattered a PR actually, by almost 3 minutes)! However, the excitement of that accomplishment has abandoned me...along with the warm temps and sunny evenings. I need some motivation and a reason to get excited again, so I came up with a personal 40-40-40 Challenge. 40 miles in the 40 days before my 40th birthday (trip). I'm going to reward myself with a great week away with my family. And no running at all that week. (Although statistics show that an average guest walks up to 7 miles a day while at Disneyland, so add that to the distance we'll walk to and from the hotel, and we just might hit 40 miles of walking in those 5 days!) Running friends (or non-running friends who want to become running friends), feel free to join me for any of my 40 miles. Ready, set, go!
Now THAT'S some motivation!

No comments: